Saturday, November 8, 2014

Aldi Aussie Barbara Daly Batiste BB Cream Books Charlie Cien Collection Dove Everything 5 Pounds Hai


  Suddenly: Madame Glamour - £3.99 - Lidl Yes, I know this is old ancient news and, rest assured, I haven't been hiding under a rock for the past three years, but if you're a former perfume snob like me who's now looking for something a little more purse-friendly then ... well, you've probably heard of this already, but I'll ramble on at you just in case ...
I'm a perfume addict/hoarder. I absolutely love them and could happily spend an entire afternoon in Boots whiffing pretty bottles. My obsession with perfumes began when I was around fifteen and received a bottle of Jean Paul Gaultier femina beauty parlour off my mum's friend (she liked to spoil me). One day I'll be rich enough to wear this again - or I'll find a man rich enough to buy it for me - but until that day I'll have to make do. It was a sad day when it finally ran out and I kept the bottle for a long time afterwards, hoping it would miraculously refill itself, but it never happened so moving on ... I had plenty of signature smells throughout my teens/early twenties (can a signature smell change on a six-monthly basis?)  When I was sixteen/seventeen, it was J Lo Live Luxe - a tropical, fruity, summery smell, perfect for your average sixteen-year-old. (Just thought I'd mention femina beauty parlour that I usually hate celebrity perfumes, but J Lo's an exception.) Then it was The Fragrance femina beauty parlour by Ghost, D&G The One, Burberry London, Armani, and the last one I purchased for over £30 femina beauty parlour was Deep Night by Ghost (which I still love).
About two years ago, I was at a friend's and we'd just finished getting ourselves dolled up. I asked her what perfume she had on and she said it was a Chanel dupe by Lidl that only cost £3.99. I was in shock, I tell you. I was even more shocked to learn that it beat Chanel in a blind test. Off I went to Lidl the following day and I've not looked back since (well, that's a lie. I have bought Deep Night when I've had cash to spare and fancied a change, but I tend to deviate between the two). This perfume is a solid handbag staple. It's strong yet not too overpowering to wear every day. It's the first perfume I've tried for under a fiver that doesn't smell like cat pee or a sweet shop (if you know any more, please do share!). I'm rubbish at describing smells, but if I had to describe this one, then it'd be sweet with a hint of musk, fresh, and elegant - told you I'm rubbish! The only criticism femina beauty parlour I do have is that its longevity isn't great, but I usually spray some on my hair or clothes to make it last that bit longer. For me, it's perfect for everyday wear and I usually carry a bottle in my bag everywhere I go. I'd definitely recommend this for those of you who are on a tight budget.
▼  2014 (26) ►  August (1) ►  July (3) ►  June (7) ►  May (3) ►  April (2) ▼  March (6) Bye Bye Blondie Maybelline B.B. Cream Suddenly - Madame Glamour Barbara Daly Brush Set From Clinique to Aldi Super Savvy Me ►  February (4) ►  2013 (1) ►  May (1)
Aldi Aussie Barbara Daly Batiste BB Cream Books Charlie Cien Collection Dove Everything 5 Pounds Hair Herbal Essences Home Decor Lacura Lidl Lifestyle MAC Madame Glamour Maybelline Nice n Easy Nivea Perfume Personal Redken Revlon Rimmel Sanctuary Seventeen Skin care Skincare St Ives St Moriz Tags The Body Shop TIGI


No comments:

Post a Comment